A guide for visiting teachers
The Visit to Llanelly House has been created to suit the needs of Key Stage 2 (KS2) pupils.
- Price per child: £3.50 (Teachers and Assistants free of charge)
Due to the age of the House and also Fire Regulations, the total number of children and staff allowed in the House during a visit is 40.
Comprehensive Educational Pack.Download Pack
Timetable for the Day
Please allow at least 90 minutes for your visit.
- Children are greeted by a member of staff at Llanelly House and are led to the Tea Room on the first floor.
- The Tour Guide goes through the safety rules and details of the visit.
- The Tour Guide presents a screening of our short film
- The children are divided into groups supervised by Teachers and the House Guide.
1. Lady Stepney’s Best Chamber (First Floor)
2. Victorian Areas of the House - The Servants' Attic and William Chambers Room
- The children will reassemble in the Tea Room.
- Children leave to return to school.
We aim to help children to think for themselves about how people lived in the past. This is done through studying the history of Llanelly House and the characters who lived and worked there and comparison with their present day lives.
Health and Safety Information
Please ensure that you bring the required number of adults for the size of your group. Due to the construction of the visit, there must be at least three adults in the visiting party. Children’s coats and belongings will be kept in the Tea Room.
There are three toilets (including a disabled toilet) for public use in the building and there is a lift with access to all floors. Please inform us of any special requirements the children have (this includes children in wheelchairs, with walking difficulties and children with learning or behavioural difficulties).
Please be aware that the House is a public place and that children must be accompanied at all times. Please note that discipline remains the responsibility of the teacher.
As the children will be encouraged to handle and study the artefacts and items on display we would ask that the children are forewarned that the House should be respected during their visit and that wilful damage will not be tolerated.
In any emergency, please contact a member of staff. There are first-aiders on site. In the event of a fire, please follow the instructions of the staff.
For any further information please contact Front of House at Llanelly House on: 01554 772857.
We suggest that the visiting school carries out its own risk assessment. Llanelly House staff can provide the site Risk Assessment for reference.
Feel free to contact us with any questions, to arrange a free preview visit, or to make a booking, please call 01554 772857 or email email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you!
Llanelly House, Bridge Street, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire SA15 3UF
- 01554 772857
How to get here
By Car – Parking is available at:
- Edgar Street Car Park, Edgar Street, Llanelli SA15 3JH.
- Vauxhall Road Car Park, Vauxhall Road, Llanelli, SA15 3BD.
- Church Street Car Park, Church Street, Llanelli, SA15 3BD.
- Eastgate, Llanelli, SA15 3YN.
- We are a 5 minute walk from the Eastgate bus stop.
- Coaches may also drop off at the rear of Llanelly House with this postcode.
- We are a 15 minute walk from Llanelli train station.
- Taxi service also available from station.
- Morning Visits: 10:00am *subject to availability
- Afternoon Session: 1:00pm *subject to availability
* Please arrive as promptly as possible
Llanelly Main Library:
If you wish to come to Llanelli for the day, Llanelli’s Main Library is next door and is willing to offer an afternoon or morning session of research for the children. The theme of the visit would be researching various topics touched upon during the visit to Llanelly House.
Please contact the Library directly on: 01554 773538
St Elli Church:
The Church is directly opposite and may be able to accommodate a visit from your school for a morning or afternoon session by highlighting the links between the Stepney and Chambers families and the history of the Church.
Please contact the Church directly on: 01554 746034
It may be possible to arrange for the children to enjoy their packed lunch at Llanelly House or the Library.
* Please contact each establishment directly.